There are many great benefits that come with owning your own swimming pool, however, pool owners nowadays are resenting using chlorine in their pool water.
If the chemical didn’t do a good job of keeping swimming pools in good conditions than it would be safe to say that no body would keep it in their homes.
Chlorine is not only hazardous to handle and store, but it can also easily irritate the skin and eyes of pool users.
Hence, many current and future pool owners have been looking into readily available chlorine alternatives that are on the market.
Salt water pool chlorination is the most popular chlorine alternative.
Listed below are just a few of the benefits of converting to a salt water chlorination system
for your pool:
- It is gentle on the skin and eyes of pool users. Chlorine levels are significantly lower when using a salt generator, meaning sensitive pool owners are typically free from irritation when swimming in a salt water pool.
- Salt water systems are safer than chlorinated pools. Chlorine is a dangerous substance to transport and store. When salt water pools are maintained correctly, there will be no need for harsh algaecides.
- You experience the ‘soft water’ feel. Salt water feels much more silky and smooth to the touch, similar to rainwater, whereas chlorine leaves an abrasive feeling to pool water.
- Salt water systems require don’t require as much maintenance.
- The maintenance procedure is more ‘hands off’ with salt water, as the salt will produce chlorine as needed. That being so, you will still need to monitor chlorine levels to ensure your system is working fine.
There is no need to drain your pool of the water to convert it to a salt water system.
Salt water systems offer the most natural feeling water to swim in, without the overbearing use of harsh chemicals.