Expert Advice On Cartridge Filter Care
It is vital your filter cartridge is maintained correctly to maximize its life and usefulness.
The life of a filter cartridge depends on how you treat it. Filter clogging is caused by soaps, cosmetics, perspiration, body fats, oils and fine particles of dust or dirt.
Spa owners should really keep on top of their cartridge filter cleaning, as the hotter water will make the filter clog much faster than a pool cartridge.
- Do not scrub the Filter with a stiff brush or use a pressure cleaner.
- Rotating two cartridges will prolong the filters life considerably.
- Maintain spa pool water chemistry in proper balance.
Cartridge Filter Care Cleaning Instructions:
- Remove the cartridge from the filter housing or skimmer box.
- Wash the filter using a garden hose working from the top down. Some manufacturers supply a nozzle with the purchase of a cartridge; these work very well.
- Soak the cartridge for at least an hour (overnight is preferable) in a cartridge cleaning solution which you can purchase from your local Spa & Pool shop.
- Alternatively, use 1 cup of a household detergent in 5 litres of water to clean. OR have Pool Assist swap it with your spare and remove the cartridge for professional cleaning.
- Rinse the cartridge once more with a hose to remove any remaining oils or cleaning solution Eventually your cartridge filter will block and will need to be replaced – usually within 1 to 2 years – depending on the amount of use.
All pool filter cartridge filters should be cleaned at least every 2 months.
If you follow the normal cleaning procedures you will ensure the maximum life of the cartridge